Important Information and Updates regarding The WWPDC Nutcracker this coming weekend!
We are within days of our Nutcracker performance and we couldn't be any more excited! To get ready for this weekend, we wanted to share some important final details with you:
- Dress Rehearsal - Dress Rehearsal will take place on Saturday morning (12/4) from 9:30-1:30 at the performance venue (NDS HQ 1580 Town Center Blvd., Voorhees, NJ 08043.) The venue has a storefront that is part of a mall. For GPS, please use "Tilt Studio" to find the storefront. This linked PDF document outlines rehearsal slots for each dance. Dancers should arrive 30 minutes before their assigned rehearsal slot(s) with hair and makeup done according to the guidelines for their dances. The show will be run once in its entirety. Your dancer is free to go after their last assigned slot. They are also welcome to stay and watch the remainder of the show if they wish. Please check the board in the lobby for your dancer's dressing room assignment upon arriving at dress rehearsal. Dancers should go to their dressing room, change into their first costume, and then report to the theater area. A parent/guardian must stay with children who require supervision. There are no helping parents, dressing room parents, or quick change volunteers during dress rehearsal. Costumes must be left at the venue between dress rehearsal and the shows. No costumes should be taken home. Only a female parent/guardian is permitted in female dressing rooms. Only a male parent/guardian is permitted in the male dressing rooms. If you need assistance with this, please let us know.
- Quick Changes - Some dancers have minimal time between dances. Dancers with two or fewer numbers between their dances will be assigned to the Quick Change area for that dance during the performances. This linked PDF document lists all students who have been assigned to Quick Change for one or more dances. If your dancer has a quick change, please drop off the costume they will be changing INTO (the highlighted column on the document) in the Quick Change area before leaving dress rehearsal. Please drop off the full costume including accessories, hairpieces, tights, and shoes. Personal items should be labeled as the quick change area can become hectic during the show and items can get misplaced. During the show, your dancer will be assisted by female Quick Change volunteers. If you have a male dancer who needs to change in the male dressing area, the backstage coordinator will be told to wait for your dancer.
- Show Times - Dancers should report to their assigned dressing room as soon as they arrive at the venue. Dancers are expected to remain in their dressing room with the helping parents between their dances. Helping parents can assist with costume changes and bathroom breaks. Dancers are expected to remain until the finale and bows. Our first show will begin at 4:30 pm on Saturday 12/4. Dancers must arrive no later than 3:30 pm. Our second show begins at 12:00 pm on Sunday, 12/5. Dancers must arrive no later than 11:00 am. In past years, we have made flower sales available at our shows. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer that service this year. There will be a vendor selling Nutcracker and other dance-related items on Sunday for those of you who are interested.
- Pictures - Families are welcome to take pictures and videos of their dancer(s) on stage during dress rehearsal only. Shows will be professionally photographed and recorded. We respectfully request that there is no personal photography or recording during the performances. It is distracting to both the dancers and the families seated nearby. We do encourage everyone to make full use of our backdrop in the lobby during the dress rehearsal and before/after each show. We will have some fun props for some memorable photos!!
- Masking - After carefully considering the health department guidelines, we have come to a determination about masking for this performance. Current CDC guidelines strongly recommend masking in public spaces. Following the CDC guidance, we are strongly encouraging masking for all audience members at all times within the venue. Dancers, staff, and volunteers will be masked at all times in dressing rooms, backstage areas, and stage wings. Dancers will be permitted to take off their masks ONLY when actively performing on stage. If you would prefer your dancer to remain masked while performing, please let us know at dress rehearsal. We will provide you with the appropriate color mask(s). Dancers will be required to mask for the finale. Leads may bow before replacing their masks.
- Cast Party - We would love to celebrate the conclusion of this performance with our WWPDC families. Dancers and their immediate families are cordially invited to a Cast Party on Sunday evening (12/5) at 6:30 pm in the upstairs dining area in McCaffreys (next door to the TDC Studio). Refreshments and cake will be provided and the cast will have the opportunity to view the recording of the show. It really is a wonderful way to put a close to the Nutcracker season.
We wanted to take this time to sincerely thank each and every one of you for making this production possible. December 2020 was not the same without the festivity, laughter, and music of our special Nutcracker filling the studio. We know this year's Nutcracker will be different for so many reasons, but we are so very grateful to have had this opportunity to share this experience with our WWPDC family again this year.
We can't wait to see you all this weekend!
Miss Amy and the WWPDC Staff